The wind in your hair, the sun at your back, and the rolling mountains before you are what keeps you coming back to the thrill and excitement of the open road across Virginia state. Motorcyclists know that all adventures bring with them a certain amount of danger, some of which may even seem negligible in the face of the fun that awaits. However, insurance plans are crucial to the safety and protection of the motorcyclist. In fact, motorcycle insurance is required in the state of Virginia for anyone that wants to take their beautiful bike out on the roads.
A basic plan for Virginian residents includes minimum coverage for:
- The injury or death of a single individual.
- The injury or death of two or more individuals.
- Property damages up to a specific limit.
While not required, it is important to consider further insurance options for your motorcycle, especially if you consider yourself to be an avid driver. Recommended forms of insurance include:
- Collision insurance that protects your motorcycle in the event of a crash or severe damage.
- Comprehensive insurance that will protect against certain disasters apart from collisions.
- Coverages that protect the driver in cases involving breakdowns, trip interruptions, and roadside assistance.
Insurance plans should differ depending on the unique needs of the individual. It's essential to evaluate all needs for you and your bike while settling on a plan that's right for you.
The regulations regarding motorcycle insurance in Virginia may seem like an impossible, confusing maze of jargon, but with some help from the right company, you won't need to navigate it alone. Reach out to the professionals at Garlow Insurance Agency Inc., your go-to gurus for motorcyclist insurance and beyond. Serving South Charleston, Hurricane, Point Pleasant and Glasgow for 24 years and counting, let us keep you on the road and out where you belong. Give us a call today to start living your adventure.